Friday, April 8, 2011

A Years Worth of Disney Cupcakes!

It's Flashback Friday!
This is a weekly segment that I post to show you some of my past adventures...
Last year just finishing a family trip to Disney World and gearing up for an anniversary trip to Disney World and a Disney Cruise, I made lots of Disney Cupcakes and my first cake!!!
To start with since I had never successfully baked and decorated a cake I had *ahemm* ordered...my daughters 2nd birthday cake...Tinkerbell...which I later recreated in a round version for her 2-1/2 year old...half birthday...which is something we just started celebrating in 2010 right after I started baking.
Mother and Father's Day 2010
Since my youngest likes Tinkerbell so much, for Mother's Day with my leg in a cast, I made Tinkerbell Cupcakes piping my first stars ever. To keep with the Disney theme, on Father's Day I made Mickey Mouse Cupcakes for my husband!
July 2010
With leftover Tinkerbell supplies, I made Tinkerbell Cupcakes again in July!

July 2010
My daughter saw "The Little Mermaid" cupcake liners and candies and wanted "The Little Mermaid" cupcakes! I remember it was so hot outside this day that the icing wanted to melt right off!

August 2010
This is the 2-1/2 year old half-birthday cake that I made....my first cake!
I used no eggs, no oil, lemon flavored cake and lemon flavored buttercream icing. I had never piped a flower in my life and really had no clue. I also found out why you need to foil cover the cake board...it soaked up the buttercream icing.

August 2010
More Mickeys! Chocolate and Cream Cheese Icing!

Then came September 2010...right before our Anniversary Disney Cruise and Trip. Since the kids were staying home with Grandma, I left them goodies...I loved how the water turned out under the ships with the whitecaps, the picture doesn't do them justice!

The first night of dinner on our Disney Cruise they presented us with an Anniversary Cake! Awesomeness!

While waiting to watch the "Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween" parade at the Magic Kingdom, I went down to the bakery and got a cupcake! I have to get a cupcake where I go! If you look closely you can see Cinderella's Castle to the right of the cupcake! These things were SUPER SWEET! Thank goodness I just got one for the two of us to share! I think the whole family could have shared this sweetness! At Downtown Disney I purchased a Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutter...still haven't used it yet! As soon as I get a little better at decorating cookies, I plan too, just got to make sure my cookies will be "Mickey Worthy!"

Soon the trip was over and we were happy to be home with the kids...and of course started breakfast off with Mickey and Minnie Pancakes!
These were 2 of my favorite plates of Mickey and Minnie pancakes!

My youngest wanted a flower and Princess crown...I did my best and she was happy!

So that ended my year of Disney Cupcakes, Cakes, and Pancakes...but expect to see some again very, very soon this year in 2011!
 
View My Other Disney Cakes and Cupcakes

This Flashback is shared at:

0 sweet comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...