Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hearts -A- Flutter Cookies

Anytime is a good time for love!
I am really not sure whether I would consider myself a romantic or not. I did just finish reading the first Twilight book the day that I made these. I know, I did it all  backwards, watching the movies first, don't judge! Anyway, lot of romance in that! I just got the next 3 books and I am looking forward to every minute of it!
This is more of what I was talking about when I said more cookies in 2012, well kinda. I could still see some white royal icing showing through the sugar and that bugs me, maybe I should have colored the icing to match first?
I started these just like I have any other cookie decorated with royal icing by outlining the cookie with a tip 3 and then flooding using a squeeze bottle. I flooded these one at a time, immediately sprinkling on the darker colored sugars while wet. I did run into a slight problem with a couple. These can't be flooded as full as I usually fill them, the sugar adds weight and that little sound that sounded like a little sugar hitting the parchment, was the beginning of an avalanche! I did save them by quickly squishing the frosting back up and propping the cookie up. I was much more careful not to fill the others so full. I didn't shake the sugar off, that just didn't seem like a good idea, so I let them sit as is with a stack of sugar on them for about 6 hours. I then shook of the excess sugar. I followed up by flooding the wing area and adding the white sugar allowing that to dry fully before shaking off as well.
They even sparkle in the sun!
 
Recipes used for these cookies:


13 comments:

  1. It's official! This is the first Valentine's post I've seen. You're ahead of the game! Love the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty cookies indeed! I love everything about hearts and the wings are a great touch.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty cookies. You've got me wanting one. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the name as well as the cookie. Thanks for sharing .

    I must get out my heart shaped cutter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love the flying ones. And the sparkly sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my kids would make these disappear fast! So pretty and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable cookies!! Came over from Financial Friday Link Party at the Grant Life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty and fun for upcoming valentine's day. Enjoy reading the next three books. They only get better with each one:>

    Thanks so much for linking up and sharing!

    www.blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great cookie cutter! I love it! And I love how sparkly they are! Thanks for linking up again this week...I always smile when I see your yumminess up there! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhhhhhhhh, those are just precious, I want some, please. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. sooo cute!!

    These are darling! I invite you to link these (or any other Valentine's Day posts) up with the Find Some Love Fest on February 1st!

    http://www.feedingmytemple.com/2012/01/exciting-announcement.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is being featured on this weeks Serenity Saturday link party
    Feel free to grab an 'I've been featured' button

    Hope to see you there again this week
    http://serenityyou.blogspot.com/search/label/Serenity%20Saturday

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...