Monday, January 23, 2012

Love Birds Cookies

These are my latest cookies! I saw birds with beanies, scarves, and an Eiffle Tower on a plate and that is what inspired this idea! However, my birds turned out a little less plump.
My first plan was to find a bird or paisley shaped cookie cutter that would work and just make the birds with the hats and scarves, but all I could find was doves and ducks.
I tried to roughly sketched a design to see if it was even possible for me to make it look decent and it did look better in the rough sketch, but the space was limited the cookie so I changed it up a bit. No pattern, no predrawing on the cookie, I just winged it! Before the details were added these cookies didn't look very promising!
Then I thought 2 birds together in love would be cute!
and here is the whole collection!

20 comments:

  1. I have such a thing for birds lately, LOL! I LOVE these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those cookies. The group photo almost looks like a patchwork quilt. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - so cute! I can't believe you did it freehand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oui oui I LOVE THEM!!!!
    anything Paris inspired makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! Perfect for Valentine's Day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them, so cute and full of details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your little French birdies! So chic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome!! I can't wait to learn cookie decorating. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew these were yours as soon as I saw the little thumbnail in the link up! These are the cutest little cookies I've ever seen! I want them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are awesome,I love them.Thanks for joining us on Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are awesome,I love them .Thanks for linking up to Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha you winged it, LOL. you did great, "just ducky!" I know, I had to;p

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! I love cute decorated cookies. They are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look so yummy! Adorable idea!
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can only imagine how much work goes into these gems.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so talented! I LOVE everything you share at Mix it up Mondays; I hope to see you next week too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seriously? You're killin' me with your cookie cuteness! Each week you out-do yourself, my friend.

    Spotlighting your cookies on my Facebook page today.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...