Saturday, January 21, 2012

Microwave Peanut Brittle

I cannot remember the last time I had peanut brittle, it has probably been a few decades! I actually think it was a cheap box from the dollar store when I was a just a kid, but I remember loving it! Around Christmas, I began seeing quite a few recipes for peanut brittle and Pinned a couple. I can't believe that as I am composing this post, I have Pinned 1100 things, mostly sweets too! Anyway, I decided to make this Peanut Brittle that I Pinned. You can also find the recipe at Plain Chicken. It was a recipe from her Mom and things passed down are always the best! Steph gave me the okay to share it with you too!
This recipe seriously take less than 10 minutes to prepare and make! After that, it just has to sit for 1 hour before enjoying! I did measure out all of the ingredients beforehand and prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper. It is very helpful to have everything ready since this recipe goes quick, quick, quick!
Here is what you need:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn light corn syrup
1 cup of peanuts (I used Planters Roasted Peanuts)
1 tablespoon margarine (original recipe called for butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
 
First combine the sugar with the light corn syrup in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Immediately, stir in margarine, vanilla, and peanuts. Return to microwave and cook an additional 1-1/2 minutes on high. Remove from microwave (bowl will be HOT) and stir in 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Quickly spread on parchment paper. Let cool for 1 hour before enjoying!
(Note: Microwave cooking time may vary depending on your microwave, but mine was right on with the original recipe time!)
The hardest part of the whole recipe was spreading the molten hot peanut brittle while scraping it out of the heavy bowl. It would have helped if I would have thought ahead and had the pan in a location to where it wouldn't slide so much!
In the end this peanut brittle was absolutely delicious! My son described it as a peanut butter cookie without the cookie and I thought that described it very well! I just couldn't stop eating it! We buy peanuts in a large 52 ounce container and I always have sugar, so I will definitely be making this again and often! I highly recommend trying this recipe! Quick & easy doesn't need a special occasion!


8 comments:

  1. You are very dangerous to my diet sweet friend!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look very delish...I have to try them..Especially with they children..Thanks for sharing..:))) .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy - we used to make peanut brittle when I was a kid - I haven't had it since then!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peanut Brittle in the microwave? This is genius! I have to try this. I love peanut brittle and make it for the holidays, but it so so much work on top of the stove. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never have thought to make brittle in the microwave. Crazy! I love it. Must try it with salty cashews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, that looks amazing! I LOVE peanut brittle, but with all these little guys around I never have time to make it anymore... pinning this version for sure. I'm your newest follower- saw you on TT&J's Valentine's Sweets features (my Chocolate Cherry Whoopie Pies are there too!) I'd love for you to stop by my blog and follow me back if you'd like.
    Have a great week!
    xo,
    Laurie @ Gallamore West :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so easy! thanks...I am going to try this!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...