Friday, April 13, 2012

Elegant Mocha & Dark Chocolate Cupcakes

Hi! I am Katie, Christina's daughter. I am so excited to now be a part of Mrs. Fox's Sweet and to be writing my first blog post! You may have seen some of my other work on here before including my most recent Shamrock & Heart Cookies and the Valentine's Graffiti Cookies that I decorated.
These cupcakes are made with a recipe that we use a lot from the Martha Stewart Cupcakes book and it is also on her website. I substituted strong brewed coffee in place of the water in the recipe. For the frosting I used the new Duncan Hines Frosting Creations in Mocha flavor. The frosting was not thick enough to pipe and I had to add about 1/4 cup powdered sugar to thicken it up. I used tip 1M to make the swirl, which I am still working to perfect. The more I swirled, the easier it got.
I am a bit like my mom with liking the candy molds. On these mocha cupcakes, I thought it would be nice to go with an elegant design that is simple. The candies on top are made with dark chocolate, which is melted in the microwave for 1 minute and then piped into the mold and allowed to sit in the refrigerator until hardened, about 15 minutes.
Are you wondering what the frosting taste like? It actually tasted like coffee and went perfect with the rest of the cupcake!
 
I look forward to sharing more ideas with you soon!
~Katie


Featured at: Cups by Kim

22 comments:

  1. Look delicious...I like using candy molds too. (I taught for Wilton for 5 yrs!) Have a great weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Katie, I see a great blogging future for you! Your cupcakes look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look awesome! First thing I want to teach you about blogging: you must allow us to sample what you make. What, it's a rule! I'm sure of it. ;)

    Great job! ~ Adrianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cupcakes are gorgeous and they sound AWESOME. I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to contribute! (Oh, and I totally second what Adrianne above me said...it's totally a rule. I can email you my address...lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow these cupcakes look AMAZING!!!! How beautiful!!!! And they sound delicious too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh.. these look great! I love mocha cupcakes.. and the candy mold pieces are too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! These almost look TOO good to eat...thanks for sharing :) I found you through Sweets for a Saturday. Looking forward to making these

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are beautiful. Great job. Come and try out our wonderful banana pudding treat today. We would love to have you over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are amazing! Awesome work! The mold pieces look so elegant! Would you consider sharing this at my party?
    http://www.thetaylor-house.com/2012/04/taylor-house-thursday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to join the band wagon and get samples too:-) It has to be a blogging rule somewhere! These look and sound absolutely delish...I love coffee flavored treats so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katie, These look absolutely amazing and delicious! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Those look amazing! I adore mocha! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cupcakes are amazing! Your hands are very blessed

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful! And I'm sure they taste amazing, I have a bit of a weakness for anything Mocha or anything Cupcake! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Simple Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cupcakes look delicious! We're so glad that you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back soon. -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice work Katie!! These are lovely! Thanks for sharing at Scrumptious Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for linking up this yummy post and your pink lollipop post to my Say G'Day Saturday Party. I am sharing them both on my new facebook page!

    I hope you will be able to join in and link up another fabulous post this weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow... the elegant mocha dark chocolate cupcakes look awesome!... you have made it with great deal of perfection. Hats off!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This has been featured today on Serenity Saturday Link Party!
    Natasha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Simple Sunday, just wanted to drop by and let you know this is one of my Featured posts this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...