Friday, November 25, 2011

Flashback to Christmas 2010!

It's Flashback Friday!
This is a once in awhile segment that I created to show you some of my past adventures before I began blogging!
The day after Thanksgiving, traditionally known as "Black Friday." I have already gotten a good start on Christmas shopping and there really isn't a sale going on that is worth braving the crowds for me. Are you going out to brave the crowds? I actually went to the Michael's Thanksgiving Sale and got lots of fun goodies yesterday, as well as did a little internet shopping! Instead of going out shopping today for Black Friday, I plan to spend this day decorating for the Christmas holidays! Here is what I was baking up last year!
Gingerbread Cupcakes with little Gingerbread Men on top
Peppermint flavored cupcakes, topped with crushed candy cane, with cute Snowmen liners and picks
Low fat/Low cal cupcakes made with box mix + 1 cup unsweetened applesauce and 1 cup water, with very little icing.
As you know I am not much of a cookie person, so in the past that task has fallen on my husband and daughter. This is a sampling of what my daughter Kaitlyn made last year for Christmas, all decorated with buttercream.
Funfetti Brownies with a Snowflake pattern drawn on with Wilton Cookie Icing and M&M's
Peppermint and Vanilla Cupcakes that I made for my Husband's office- The Peppermint has peppermint buttercream topped with crushed candy cane, the vanilla has vanilla buttercream topped with Christmas jimmies
Christmas Funfetti Cake Batter Cookies that we threw together in minutes and topped with buttercream and sprinkles
Wilton Gingerbread Christmas Tree made by my daughter Kaitlyn. The little Wilton Gingebread Houses were a joint effort between my daughter and I. The kit was incomplete, so we had to use crackers for some of the roofs.
This wasn't my favorite, but this was the final Christmas dessert, a "Hello, Cupcake!" design. I totally messed up the drawing of the body! You can view what they should look like at Duncan Hines Holiday Cupcakes. The good thing about not-so-pretty cupcakes is they still taste good!
2011 will be my first Christmas as a "blogger" and I am really looking forward to sharing what I make this year with you! I have already gotten a start on my baking shopping, 5 new Christmas Cookie Cutters, lots of new cupcake liners and some picks. My youngest even had some influence and had to have some mini liners and snowmen candy that I will be making cupcakes with!
I hope you all had a wonderful milestone...Christmas!
Happy Holidays!


  1. Value where you started. My aunt paints on wood etc. and she still has hanging in her kitchen a paddle that she painted strawberries on 40 yrs ago..........she has come a long way. Fun to look back and see what we did.. Andi

  2. I love those M&M cupcakes! This is such a great idea...makes me want to do something similar to show my recipes from last year. :)


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...