Monday, November 21, 2011

Oreo Turkeys

Worried you won't have something fun to make for the little kids (and big kids) at Thanksgiving?
Double Stuffed Oreos + Reese's Peanut Butter Cups + Whoppers + Candy Corn + Melted Chocolate= FUN
As soon as I saw these Oreo Turkeys they were put on my to-do list for Thanksgiving! These little guys are quick and easy to make and the kids had lots of fun helping! You can find an easy tutorial at Our Best Bites. Instead of frosting I used yellow candy melts to make the eyes, feet, and while I was at it, I drew on hands too!
Our Best Bites inserted a name pick out of the top of the Oreo Turkeys to use them as place cards! Such a cute idea! I decided to make the Oreo Turkeys as place cards too, writing everyones name on the back of the Oreo Turkeys with the extra melted candy melts that were left from drawing the hands and feet, and gluing on the candy corn beak and candy coated sunflower seed wattle. Kids love seeing their names on things, and this way there is sure to be some left for Dad and Mom too!
These were also a hit at The Sweet Swiper's Thankgiving Table last year and they have been made by quite a few already this year! All these people can't be wrong! These are sure to be a hit with your friends and family too!

This Fun Treat is Shared at:

5 comments:

  1. Those are so cute. My kids would probably volunteer to eat everyone's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your turkeys turned out fantastic...I love the idea of using these for place names. I wish I had about 100 extra hours but at least I could steal a minute away from the books to smile here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE them!!! My kids would have loved to have made these this year. I'm going to pin them for next year. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute - saw these on pinterest! They are on our "menu" for tomorrow's harvest party :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable and yours have such special details!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...