Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pink Princess Cupcakes #21- S'mores

After a 2 week break from working on the Pink Princess series, I bring you #21 of 28 cupcake designs inspired from The Pink Princess Cupcake Book! The cupcake itself is an idea from Hungry Girl, dropping the calories only to about 90 calories and just 2 grams of fat per cupcake (of course that is more than made up for with all of the toppings on this cupcake!)

1 box cake mix + 1 cup unsweetened applesauce + 1 cup of water= low cal/low fat cupcakes!
I used a small 12 cupcake size box of Duncan Hines, so everything is halved for that.
This method does make the cupcake a little more fragile, but if you don't put frosting on it, it is a great "under 100 calories" treat!

Ingredients for the cupcake design:
chocolate frosting
mini marshmallows
Teddy Graham Cookies

First, frost the cupcake. Second, top with marshmallows. Third, glue on Teddy Grahams in a ring around the marshmallows with frosting, adding additional marshmallows for the bears to lean against. The book has a slightly different method for the same result, it just wasn't working for me!
With a piping bag and tip 69, using a back and forth motion, pipe a ribbon around the teddy bears. This works best if you just add a couple bears at a time, so they don't fall over and it helps to seat belt the bears in!
I don't have a kitchen torch yet, so I used a candle lighter. I found it was best to burn toast the marshmallows before adding the bears and frosting and then toasting the top marshamallows after.
This definitely wasn't as easy as it looked.
It was kind of a balancing act!
The Next Pink Princess Cupcake I will be making:
Pink Snowballs
Be sure to check out all of the Pink Princess Cupcakes that I have made!

These Cupcakes are Shared at:


  1. So cute! I would devour that in a second. :)

  2. Oh boy, they look amazing! I am very impressed that they are a healthier option too. Great recipe!

    Best wishes,

  3. Ooo... marshmallow cup cakes! yummy

  4. Oh wow, this looks amazing. My husband would love these. I have pinned the recipe so I don't forget it! I am glad I found your blog through Cupcake Tuesday. I would love it if you checked out my blog some time: www.copingwithfrugality.com

  5. I could die a happy gal after I eat one of these nummies....wowzer...those would be what I call "doozies"

  6. Wow! Those look amazing!
    Thanks for joining us on Cupcake Tuesday!

  7. The toasted mini marshmallows and adorable teddy grahams make your s'more cupcakes the most wonderful I've ever seen!

    Thank you for sharing your creativity on "A Little Birdie Told Me..." Tuesday at Rook No. 17!

    I can't wait to see what you have in store this week!




I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...