Saturday, November 26, 2011

Mini Maple Pumpkin Pies

I made these Mini Maple Pumpkin Pies with the Babycakes Mini Cupcake Maker for Thanksgiving! I didn't have a recipe to follow made for the cupcake maker and wasn't really sure if this would work out or not so I made a regular pie also. This recipe was enough to make 10 mini pies and 1 regular pie.
   
Easy Maple Pumpkin Pie
(adapted from Taste of Home)
3 eggs
1 cup of canned pumpkin
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1-1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 deep dish or 2 regular 9" frozen pie shells for regular pies
or
2 roll out refrigerated pie crust for mini pies

Mix together first 7 ingredients in mixer until fully mixed.

For Oven Preparation: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pour mixture into 1 deep dish or 2 regular 9" pie shells. Bake for 10 minutes. Cover crust edges with foil to prevent burning. Decrease temperature to 350 and continue baking for 40 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. If desired, use additional pastry shell and small cutters to cut out leaf shapes, dip cut out pastry shell in sugar. Place cut outs on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for about 5 to 7 minutes or until they start to brown.
I made one regular sized pie like this and used the rest of the mixture for the mini pies.
   
For Mini Pumpkin Pie Preparation:
Roll out Refrigerated Pie Crust and use the pie shell cutter that comes with the Babycakes Mini Cupcake Maker to cut out pie shells, using larger side. Place in cool cupcake maker, and use the pie tool to press in the shell.  Cut off excess shell using the small side of the pie cutter tool.
Fill the shells with pie mixture, each pie takes about 1-1/2 tablespoons of mixture. I used a coffee scoop, which worked perfect to prevent drips.
Close the cupcake maker and set timer for 20-22 minutes. Check doneness with toothpick.
Unplug cupcake make and let cool in cupcake maker, until comfortable to touch and remove. I used a plastic spatula to remove and let finish cooling on wire rack.
They turned out perfect! These mini pies turned out to be quite popular, perfect just to grab and go!
Compared to the regular pie, the mini pies baked up tasting just the same, same texture, same doneness.  I really like the extra flavor of maple in the pumpkin pie too!

These Pies are Shared at:

8 comments:

  1. love mini pies, look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delish! Thank you, thank you, thank you for visiting my blog! I am so desperate for baking help now that I have my new stand mixer so I am happy to have someone I can learn from. Everything looks so yummy on your blog. I am your newest follower hoping for a few tips along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic way to use the cupcake maker...I need to do this sometime very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of using the cupcake maker. Now, I'll have to add that to my wish list. These look absolutely delicious, so much prettier than my mini pies. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these, so cute! and what an interesting concept, this 'cupcake maker', may purchase one of these.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum! Love that there is maple in them. And seriously?! Cooked in a cupcake maker??? Reason number 327 that I need a cupcake maker!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't even LIKE pumpkin pie, but you have me ready to give these a shot. They are adorable! Plus, I feel that the maple might make the pumpkin taste a little less strong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. delicious!!!!!

    Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday!!
    Hope to see you there again tomorrow!
    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    Natasha xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...