Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tiny Turkey Dinner Cupcakes

Hold the Gravy?
Thanksgiving Dinner with all the fixings!
Time is running out, tomorrow is Thanksgiving!
I had wanted to make these cupcakes for last Thanksgiving, but I couldn't find the cookie that was in the design on Disney Family Fun, so put the idea aside. Once again this year, I wanted to make them, even Pinning them when Pinterest came out to my Thanksgiving & Fall Board, but I still couldn't find a comparable cookie and once again thought I would put the idea aside. Then it hit me, when I was making the Christmas Oreo Pops to use the Golden Oreos or Golden Creme Filled Sandwich Cookies! They are a little smaller, but they worked!
I decorated the cookie before putting it on the cupcake.
First I frosted the the cookie, then added a little white icing for the mashed potatoes. I put a little yellow circle sprinkle in the center for butter, and then a little yellow piping gel since the sprinkle wasn't enough. For cranberry sauce I used red colored sugar. The green beans are made with green jimmies and the turkey was made with coffee flavored fondant (from Fondarific).
The question then became...
Gravy or no gravy?
I used melted canned chocolate frosting for the gravy and made half with and half without.
These would be a great cupcake to make together with the family, create a little assembly line, each person adding another item to the dinner plate. I think in the end I liked the turkey without gravy.
What do you think?
Happy Thanksgiving!

This Tiny Turkey Dinner is Shared with:
This Tiny Turkey Dinner is Featured at:
Pin It


  1. Wow, I have never seen anything like this before. It is so intricate and fun - LOVE IT! Have a blessed holiday.

  2. These are absolutely adorable! I'm pinning these for next year. Thanks!!!

  3. Thanks for visiting Pint Sized Baker! I was responding to e-mails and checking out blogs and I see THIS on cupcakes take the cake! Congrats!

  4. Those are so cute! Amazing. I'm pinning and stumbling - they are great!

  5. I wish I would have time to make these for tomorrow. I love the idea!!Happy THANKSGIVING!!!


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...