Monday, November 28, 2011

Mint & Dark Chocolate Snowflake Candy

This candy is a tasty treat and is quick and easy to throw together for a last minute gift or party!
Here is all that you need:
1 package each Wilton  Dark Cocoa Mint Candy Melts
1 package Wilton Candy Cane Colorburst Candy Melts
Snowflake Mold by Martha Stewart Crafts
Shopping the Michael's Thanksgiving Sale, this all cost me only $4.20 and will make about 24 large pieces of candy! (Not including candy dish that was hiding in the attic!) Best of all, this takes only about a half hour to make, making 8 pieces at a time. If you need to make tons of these, you will probably want more than one snowflake mold!
Here is how you make them:
(Making 8 at a time)
1. Melt about 1 cup of Wilton Candy Cane Colorburst Candy Melts in the microwave for about 1 minute in microwave safe bowl.
2. Spoon about a tablespoon into the mold filling cavity about 1/3 full, tapping down after filling ever 2 or 3 cavities.
3. After all cavities in the mold have the first layer of candy place in the refrigerator for 2 or 3 minutes.
4. Repeat with Dark Cocoa Mint Candy Melts.
5. Let molded candy set up in the refrigerator an additional 5 minutes or until easily unmolds. If they dont pop right out, they aren't quite ready.
These candies could be wrapped individually with a pretty bow for a class party or stocking stuffer.
 Placed on a nice candy tray and wrapped in cellophane and a bow, this would make a cute gift for a teacher, a hostess gift, or a last minute item to bring to a last minute Christmas party!
 

These Snowflakes are Shared at:

12 comments:

  1. Candy can melts??? Holy smokes! I'm there! These look delicious and absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so delicious! And cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are soooo pretty!! I have to run to Michael's and buy the stuff. I bet they taste great too,

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, these turned out great! They are so festive and look easy to do. Great gift for office staff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a yummy & delicious treat for gift-giving!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, these look so delicious! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm passing this on to my daughter who loves making treats like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! And such a simple treat to make. Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so delicious! I'd love for you to link these up to my Things I've Done Thursday link party that opens up tonight!

    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    Melanie
    Sew Rugged @ bear rabbit bear

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're so lovely and sound delicious too!

    Your candies are one of tomorrow's features on "A Little Birdie Told Me..."!

    Thanks for linking up!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mouth is watering! These look perfect for a holiday gathering I'm having in a couple of weeks. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love snowflakes! I'll have to stop by Michaels to see if they have these molds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These would make a wonderful gift!

    Please link this post to my Christmas Traditions link up in the Recipe section! It starts today!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...