Friday, November 4, 2011

Flashback to Thanksgiving 2010!

It's Flashback Friday!
This is a once in awhile segment that I created to show you some of my past adventures before I began blogging!

I can't believe November is already here! To kick of the month, I am sharing the desserts I made last November!
These cupcakes were created with just a box of Spice Cake Mix and a can of Pumpkin. The frosting is canned cream cheese frosting. The leaves my daughter created with homemade fondant!
I believe this was our very first time using any type of fondant. Here is a close up to show the marbled effect!

This is just a regular pumpkin pie from a store bought crust and following the directions on the can of pumpkin. I wanted to decorate it up a bit, so I used the 2nd crust to cut out leaf shapes. I then dipped the shapes into sugar and applies the outside ring of leaves before baking. I applied a few additional leaves in the last few minutes of baking.
 Even a simple pie can taste better when it is a little more decorative! Even though I had a long dry spell without baking cakes or cupcakes. I did make Pumpkin Pies on occasion during that time and had a few disasters with that too. However, everyone was delighted to see the Pumpkin Pie decorated like this!

Quite a few sweets served at Thanksgiving Dinner last year!
The small plate of leaf shaped cookies to the left are Gingerbread Cookies.
These were the presliced cookies that are in the refrigerator sections at the grocery store. I sandwiched 2 together with chocolate frosting on the inside and rolled in chocolate jimmies.
These Cupcakes I made from the "Hello, Cupcake!" Book. Again using a Spice cake with a can of Pumpkin, needless to say that combo with chocolate wasn't my favorite.
Here's a close up of my Turkey Cupcakes!
This had to have been my favorite dessert from last Thanksgiving.
I saw this made on the Rachel Ray Show, it is called Anne Thorton's Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie. The crust is made with crushed gingersnaps.
I served each slice topped with a Gingerbread Man cookie!

These next 2 were made after Thanksgiving, but fit here as well.
These are Pumpkin Pies Bites inspired by Bakerella. They were made in mini cupcake pan. I used homemade pie crust dough cut with a Pumpkin Shaped Cookie Cutter. I was having the hardest time getting the homemade crust into the mini cupcake pans. That is when my teenage daughter came to the rescue and did the job for me. The pan we had only holds 12, so we used the rest to make the dessert below.
This was basically just a square pumpkin pie with only crust on the bottom, equalling less calories and a lot less work than the Pumpkin Pie Bites!

Those are a few ideas for the upcoming month! The Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie is the best, definitely worth trying, the recipe is linked above.  
As for this year, I have no clue what I am going to bake up for Thanksgiving! Stay tuned to find out!


4 comments:

  1. Wow! This would look so pretty and yummy on the Xmas table;)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your fall treats! Very creative and so pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks nice, so what are you baking this year? andi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Look at all these great ideas! I love them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...