Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Giant Chocolate Chip Valentine's Cookie

Happy Valentine's Day!
Here is a quickie! Really this is something that can be made at the last minute!
All that is needed is a package of chocolate chip cookie mix and the ingredients that go with it, red buttercream icing, heart sprinkles, and piping bag with tips 3, 17, and  22. The pan that I used is by Wilton sold exclusively at Target, there is a cut out heart in the center that I filled with Cherry M&M's.
Prepare cookie mix as directed on package.  The pan is already non-stick, but I spread a little Wilton Cake Release in the pan and around the center heart stem for good measure. Spread cookie dough in pan. The dough was quite sticky and I had to sprinkle a little flour on top of the dough to be able to flatten it better with my hands. I sprinkled the heart sprinkles on before baking. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 22 minutes. This cookie is 1-inch thick, so it needs the extra time. I let the cookie cool in the pan on a wire rack for a full hour before removing it from the pan. It could have probably been removed sooner, but I didn't want to risk cracking it.
For the borders and writing I used buttercream icing. If you don't want the mess or don't have time to make the buttercream, canned frosting with some additional confectioners' sugar (2 to 3 tablespoons) mixed in to thicken it up would work as well. The outer border is the reverse shell with tip 22, the inner is tip 17 reverse shell. If you are going to fill the center with candy, it is best to do that before piping around the center heart. I finished by writing "Happy Valentine's" with tip 3.
While you are visiting today, why don't you share your Valentine's Craft Projects at the "Share the Love" party that I am co-hosting with Happy Hour Projects!
and also be sure to enter the "EB Mine" Eggland's Best Giveaway!


  1. Now that's what I call a cookie!

  2. Ahhh, I love it, it looks fantastic!!

  3. Happy Valentine's! That is one cookie - it looks great and delicious!

  4. I love a big cookie and this one looks wonderful.

  5. I love making cookie cakes. But, I am not sure if they ever turn out as beautiful as yours did. Great job!

  6. Mmmm, my kind of valentine:)

  7. wow!!This is great & you are so creative....happy to see new things every week...Thanks for linking with Midweek Fiesta...


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...