Sunday, February 12, 2012

Oatmeal Raisin White Chip Cookies

February is heart healthy awareness month and I was asked by Eggland's Best if I would like to host an "EB Mine" Valentine's Brunch! I wanted to make a variety of foods that all of the guests would like, but loving sweets, I wanted one of those foods to be a cookie! I thought of the heart on the box of oatmeal and decided on oatmeal cookies. I also wanted to make something that everyone would love and in the past Oatmeal Cookies haven't always been much of a favorite around here, so I decided to do a little experimenting and create my own recipe for this one.   I also noticed that the bag of whole wheat flour had a heart healthy symbol on it as well and decided to incorporate that into my recipe. Of course loving sweets, I had to put a little extra goodness! I was really nervous about the outcome, sometimes my experiments aren't the best or they are just okay, but this one was a hit!
I still decided on two varieties, one with raisins and one without.
Oatmeal Raisin White Chip Cookies
(a Mrs. Fox's Sweets original recipe)
2 sticks of margarine
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 Eggland's Best Egg
1 teaspoon almond extract
1-1/3 cups whole wheat all-natural, unbleached flour
1-1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups regular uncooked oatmeal
1 bag of white chocolate chips (12 oz size)
3 boxes of raisins (1- 1/2 ounce each ) optional
Cream together softened margarine, white sugar, and brown sugar in mixer. Add in egg and almond extract until thoroughly combined. In separate medium bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add flour mixture into sugar mixture, mixing on low until combined. Stir in oatmeal, white chocolate chips, and raisins. Shape cookies by hand into round disk shape and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for about 10 minutes until you can see the edges starting to turn golden. Cool on cookie sheet for 3-4 minutes and then remove to finish cooling on wire rack. Enjoy!
This recipe is a keeper! Everyone loved them!
Disclosure: Eggland’s Best provided me with VIP coupons, a gift card, an "EB Mine" gift box, information, and a prize pack to give away to one of my lucky readers.
For more information about Eggland's Best Eggs, visit the Eggland's Best Website, find them on Facebook, and on Twitter!


  1. Delicious! I love oatmeal cookies, and with white chocolate chips? Yum!

  2. Your cookies look great. I think cookies are the hardest to photograph - but your photos are so pretty. And I love oatmeal cookies - never thought about adding white chocolate chips!

  3. These cookies would sure be a keeper here at The Cottage, they look wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a wonderful week!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

  4. Completely awesome! You rock the cookie world in both flavor and design, my friend!

  5. I LOVE oatmeal raisin cookies!! I never thought of putting white chocolate in them. What a great idea!! Thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

  6. These look heavenly! Thanks so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...