Friday, June 3, 2011

My Oh My Mojito Cupcakes!

I have been wanting to make Mojito Cupcakes for some time now and today is the day!
For the cupcake, I doctored up a box mix...yes...a box mix! I used a Betty Crocker White Cake mix, 1 cup of Mojito Mix, 1 Tablespoon Lime juice, 4 egg whites, 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce, and as much chopped mint as I could get off my little plant and still leave enough for the top. (That was about 30 leaves of mint chopped up.) It could have used more! Mix all that together and bake at 350 for 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. The liners are from Nordicware...the color is perfect for these cupcakes!
(I did make a non-alcoholic version, but this could easily be changed by using 6 oz of Mojito Mix and 2 oz Light Rum instead of the 1 cup Mojito Mix.)
The frosting on the cupcakes was from the Margarita Cupcake Recipe in  Betty Crocker- The Big Book of Cupcakes.  For the frosting I folded together 2- 6oz containers of Yoplait Keylime Pie Light with 1-1/2 cups (1/2 a tub) of Cool Whip Light. I topped them with a mint leaf or two.
I also put a few birthday candies on some of them!
The cupcakes turned out nice anf fluffy! The frosting not very sweet taste of Keylime Yogurt and Cool Whip, it can really be eaten all alone, and that is what was done with the leftover frosting! Nice mint and lime flavored cupcake, low fat, low cal, simple goodness!
These cupcakes can be made from start to finish in less than an hour!
Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Those look great, I have to be in the mood for a Mojito but THESE I could do any day!

    I came over from Cupcake Tuesday, you now have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet comments and thank you for coming on over and being a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs Fox are YOU the most FABULOUS person in the WORLD having made MOJITO cupcakes???? Ummm ya!!! Adore this! I have the passion fruit mojito mix......hmmmmmmmmmmmmm now you give me ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, YUM..... we would love for you to link these up to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky Party, theme this week is "FUN SUMMER RECIPES".... hope you come on by and link up!

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/06/this-weeks-cravings-linky-party-32-fun.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Trish!...Passion Fruit Mojitos sounds yum...in both forms...lol!
    Thanks for the invite Tina!...I am now linked up, going check out all the recipes now! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are beautiful and sound so yummy! Love the toppers too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous and I'm sure they're delicious, too. I'd like to invite you to add your recipe to A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/06/sweet-indulgences-sunday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of mojito cupcakes ... probably because I love mojitos!! These look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! I'd love for you to share these cupcakes at my summer dessert link party at Cajun Sugar Pie!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...