Saturday, June 11, 2011

Flower Power Cupcakes

Last month in the Wilton Course 2: Flowers and Cake Design, in the end, I made a total of 138 flowers and decided to only use 7 flowers on my cake, leaving me with a lot of flowers! Now I am in the Wilton Course 3: Gum Paste and Fondant class and learning to work with fondant. Today, I decided to use the flowers and fondant to make cupcakes!
The flowers were made with Royal Icing.
They dry totally hard and can be kept for a very long time.
We used Wilton Ready-to Use- Pastel Pink Fondant. I had heard that fondant taste really bad, then I have also heard Wilton changed there flavors. I think this actually tasted good and the cupcakes have been eaten up pretty quick with no complaints!
We rolled the fondant to 1/16th of an inch using the Wilton 20" Rolling Pin and Rolling Pin Guide Rings. We used rubber stamps with a flower design to imprint the fondant before cutting it with a cookie cutter the same size as the cupcake.
We thinly iced the cupcakes with buttercream icing before applying the imprinted fondant circles.
The flowers were attached with buttercream icing.
We piped some leaves with buttercream icing and a size 352 leaf tip.
I used 30 flowers total on these cupcakes...I still have about 100 left for future projects!
Here they all are...ready to eat!

These cupcakes are linked up to:


  1. Oh, I love your fondant work. It's beautiful and the flowers are gorgeous. I took a Wilton class years ago but it never clicked for me. You do excellent work though. Thanks so much for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

  2. Oh my....thisis absolutely gorgeous. Seriously, as a cupcake lover I a am just in love with this whimsy cakes! So perfect for tea anytime. Thanks for linkng up!!!

  3. Sipping tea and dreaming of your cupcakes. Fun! Happy Tea Day!

  4. love them sweetly pretty great job come see what I shared at


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...