Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites

Winner of the 2011 "Make Our Ad" Club Candiquik Recipe Contest

So I have already blogged about this, made the recipe...why am I doing it again you may ask?
Well there was a little typo in the first recipe sent out which drastically changed the difference in this recipe from what was supposed to be 2-1/4 cup of Crunchy Peanut Butter to 1/4 cup!
 The first time I made this recipe I was very disappointed, in the flavor being mostly margarine. I had really wanted to like these. So, I figured I owed to it myself and everyone else involved in this recipe contest and the ones here that are eating these Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites, to remake this recipe! To view my original post with all 3 recipes visit: 2011 Club Candiquik Contest Finalist Recipes
Once again I make for you (with much better results this time!)
Here is the recipe again:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
Creator Comments: This is one of my all time favorite recipes! I have adapted it over the years and made it my own. It is easy, quick, no bake, and almost everyone has these 5 ingredients already in their pantry! You can even be trendy and make them into a "Pop" by putting them on a lollipop stick! I love making these in the fall because of their colors and homey feel! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
2-1/4 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
1 cup Margarine
7 cups Powder Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 package Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating
Mix the first four ingredients in a large bowl. Roll the mixture into tablespoon size balls and set onto wax paper. There should be about 40 balls. Melt the CANDIQUIK®. Dip each ball and set back onto wax paper to dry. Decorate as desired. Recipe is easily halved.
The first difference in this recipe was that the dough was a lot darker as you can see in this picture. These balls also rolled up nicely this time.
This time I decided to make some of them into "pops."  They are sitting in the tray that the Candiquik comes in...so don't think it's dirty!
Because of this, I decided to go ahead and melt the Candiquik Chocolate in my Wilton Chocolate Pro to keep it nice and melty!
I did find the bites a little heavy to stand upright on the stick so they had to sit on there tops.
These balls stayed together a lot easier when dipping too!
Last time I made these, I drizzled them with melted creamy peanut butter. My assistant mentioned mixing creamy peanut butter with the Vanilla Candiquik to make the drizzle. So this time, that is what I did. I mixed equal amounts of creamy peanut butter with Vanilla Candiquik and microwaved 25 seconds, put in a piping bag with a size 2 tip and just like she thought it would, it dried to where you can touch it without smearing it.
You can really see a difference on the inside! I have eaten more than a few of these today. These have a wonderful peanutty taste and crunch with the extra crunchy peanut butter! Maybe I should pretend I didn't make them and eat them all before everyone comes home!
Thank you Candiquik for this opportunity to make these recipes!
Thank you Jen's Specialty Cupcakes for sharing your recipe in this contest! Good luck!
For more info about this contest and other fun things join Club Candiquik!

UPDATE 6/16/2011!
Congratulations Jen for winning the Candiquick 2011 Recipe Contest!


  1. Oh my heck! These look heavenly!!!

  2. I want to make these, but I don't think they have candiquick in Canada. what else could I use?

  3. Wilton makes chocolate candy melts that could be used. There is also Ambrosia brand that is available around here in grocery stores. Those are the only 3 brands I have tried so far. Any of the chocolate made for melting should do the job. Check our your local cake decorating store too, they usually have chocolate for melting.


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...