Thursday, May 10, 2012

Graduation Lollipops

The countdown to graduation continues!
The recipe used in making these lollipops is from Sprinkle Bakes, once again I halved the recipe. This is my second time successfully making these and they are easy and I just love them!  Before starting the cooking process, using cooking spray, I sprayed my 2 lollipop molds (makes 6 lollipops each) and sprayed a loaf pan to accommodate the extra candy to be broken up for snacking as well. I also put the sticks in the molds at this time.
In a medium saucepan, stir together- 1 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup corn syrup, and 1/3 cup water. Cook on high heat, without stirring, until 302 degrees on a candy thermometer. As soon as the temperature is reached, remove from heat and add candy flavoring and candy coloring. Using a metal spoon,  spoon the molten hot candy into each of the lollipop cavities and pour the rest into the loaf pan.
After about 30 minutes, I unmolded everything and piped the dates on with candy melts that I had melted and put into a piping bag with a coupler and Wilton tip 3.
These would also be for a New Year's treat with the year piped on! There are endless posibilities from names, to dates, to swirls in how the lollipops are decorated.


  1. That's a great idea to pipe your message on! Your school has such nice colors, too! :)


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...