Friday, May 18, 2012

Sunkist Orange Soda Cupcakes

Bright, orange, and cheery!
These cupcakes were made with 1 box of Duncan Hines Orange Supreme cake mix mixed with 12 ounces of Diet Sunkist Soda. Regular may also be used, but I like cutting calories whenever I can! Mix well in mixer and bake at 350 for about 18 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool on wire rack.
While cooling I used a small star cutter and orange fondant to cut out little stars to embellish the top of each cupcake.
These Cupcakes are frosted with Duncan Hines Frosting Creations in Orange Creme flavor. When Duncan Hines Frosting Creations came out, that was one of the flavors I had to get to try! It taste just like orange push pops! In order to make it pipeable I did have to add additional confectioners sugar to thicken it up, just added until it was stiff enough, about a cup since it is pretty warm and humid here right now...not complaining...I love this weather!
 
~Christina


Featured at: Inside BruCrew Life

20 comments:

  1. I love anything orange flavored and these look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are great! I love the frosting creations! Try the mint chocolate with some really finely shaved chocolate in it sometime MMMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love orange soda. Flavor it on a cupcake is "wow"! Gotta try this.

    I have a Linky party going on today, and I would love for you to link-up :)

    xoxo
    Myric@ Petites Passions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just posted this on FB :) Looks so YUMMY!!
    Meegan@whatmeeganmakes

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! Love the colour of the frosting and great piping skills!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting via Bacon Time and these look yummy!! Come say hello sometime at http://stellabskitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, yummy!! These look fantastic, Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm obsessed with Diet sunkist! I drink sunkist like most people drink diet coke, so these look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great week!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very unique and most beautiful caupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a COOL yummy flavor!!! Love catching up on your delish treats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is an awesome flavor for summer time!!! And I love cutting calories on baked goods wherever I can too!!! I love the orange color...so cheery!!! I am featuring these on this weeks Trick or Treat Tuesday:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These looks so yummy that I featured them in a dessert round up! Molly loves orange so I would love to make these for her!

    http://daysofchalkandchocolate.blogspot.com/2012/05/memorial-day-picnic-desserts.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy!!! :) Gotta try your recipe.. looks super good!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  15. How easy peasy & YUMMY looking -- my kids will love these!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So you don't mix the box cake according to directions? You just mix the cake mix powder with the soda?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it! No egg or oil, just use a box of cake mix and 12 oz of your favorite soda diet or regular, I have used both and experimented with all types of flavors! This is one of my favorite ways to make cupcakes!

      Delete
    2. That's awesome! I have another recipe from a box mix that uses orange extract and orange jello and orange zest, and those are great--but this is so easy! Can't wait to try it!

      Thanks for the quick reply!

      Delete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...