Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's Fat Tuesday!

It's Fat Tuesday and of course Mardi Gras is a great excuse to make more cupcakes! These are the first cupcakes I have made since starting this blog, so I have decided to make a step by step with pictures.
I wanted these to be colorful both inside and out so I started by dividing my white cake batter into 3 seperate bowls and coloring it Lilac, Golden Yellow, and Kelly Green with Wilton colors.
and then...I tried to get the batter into the gold liners as evenly as possible, putting the purple in first, then green, and finally yellow...
after the cupcakes finished baking this is what they looked like...
hmmm? polka dots...I wonder what they will look like on the inside...well first we need to decorate them with equally colorful icing, which I did the same as the batter, made my batch of easy buttercream frosting, divided into 3 bowls and colored away...
I like icing my cupcakes with the Wilton 1M tip, quick and easy...then I topped the cupcakes with some plastic coins that matched my color scheme
I love putting them all on a display stand so they are ready to grab when everyone gets home from school and work
but before we go...let's unwrap one of these babies!
YUM!

0 sweet comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...