Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Coffee, Caramel & Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes

I am pretty excited about this!
This is the first cupcake that is not from a recipe that I have created all by myself!

The test cupcake is in the oven now. It is rising...which should safely mean I didn't create a cookie!
These cupcakes contain coffee, peanuts, caramel, and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, one on top and one inside...I really hope that the inside part turns out right!
Okay cupcakes are out of the oven and look like cupcakes...that's a plus! I hope they taste as good as they look...but that will have to wait until they are decorated first!
The icing is a buttercream icing base with lots of caramel and strongly brewed coffee added to it. Unfortunately, I am not sure how much caramel and coffee I used, since I just kept adding until the texture was how I wanted. I ended up putting the caramel into a piping bag with the smallest tip I could find to try and keep some of the mess contained.
I knocked the icing out of the park! It is super yummy! I hope that I can replicate it someday!
The cupcake tasted awesome too! I have had many homemade recipe cupcakes with this texture, but I would still like to improve on it a tiny bit!
The recipe has been changed slightly and I will probably still change it some more but here is one of the versions:
1-1/2 cups of AP flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup espresso coffee
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs + 2 egg yolks
1 stick butter
1/2 cup applesauce

In the end, for my very first cupcake that I didn't make from a box, book recipe, or anyone else's recipe...I was very pleased with the outcome!

Lesson learned: Don't be afraid to experiment!


  1. Yum! I love those mini pb cups! They are so fun to decorate with and even better to eat. Your cupcakes are gorgeous!
    Thanks for sharing on Cupcake Tuesday!

  2. These look awesome. You combined all the good things into one cupcake. I can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks!

  3. Look at all your delicious sweet treats! These cupcakes look so good, as well as tons of your other recipes! I love Hello Kitty too, I wanna make that cake! I think I saw that cake pan over the weekend at a flea market, I should have gotten it. I am your newest follower :)

    Check out my blog and follow back if you like!

  4. these look and sound amazing yummy come see what I shared at

  5. Good job on creating your own recipe. They look so pretty with the peanut butter cup topping :) I wanted to invite you over to show off your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight. Have a great day!

  6. yum! looks delicious! I found your blog through a link party and LOVE it! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!

  7. I LOVE making cupcakes!

    Thanks for linking to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS! Tomorrow we post the TOP CLICKED recipe, make sure to come by and take a look. Today we opened this week's theme "30 MINUTE MEALS". We hope you stop back by and link up again! Happy Blogging!


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...