Friday, May 27, 2011

Bears at the Beach!

It's Flashback Friday!
This is a "now just occasional" segment that I post to show you some of my past adventures...
These are the cupcakes I made last year for my birthday!
Happy Birthday to Me!
To make these cupcakes- I frosted about 1/2 the cupcake very thinly with white icing and smashed on some crushed teddy bears...okay that sounds really horrible! I feel guilty just saying you want, use crushed graham crackers or brown sugar for sand. However, using the teddy bears give you one less thing to buy if you don't have the other items on hand!
For the water, I used a stiff consistency butter cream icing and kinda molded it on with my fingers. Towards the end I realized I could almost make waves with it.
I used Gummy Lifesavers as floats, fish- haha (No Goldfish were harmed in the creation of this cupcake!), and Airheads to make beach balls, towels, and surf boards. Some of the umbrellas didn't want to stay up, so I used a small piece of Airhead to glue that up too! 
See the little waves?

These cupcakes were some of the first adventurous cupcakes that I made! Lots of fun!

 Since then I have discovered other methods of making water, check them out at the links below!
The Little Mermaid Cupcakes- I used Decorator Icing and Piping Gel
A Years Worth of Disney Cupcakes!- Check out the Disney Cruise Cupcakes on that post...I used buttercream, but also used a small spoon to make whitecaps on the waves!

These Cupcakes are linked up to Cupcake Tuesdays!

0 sweet comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...