Monday, May 23, 2011

Starbucks Cake Pops

Breakfast of Champions!
Okay, so they have been out a couple months now and I am just getting around to trying them, Starbucks has Cake Pops! I have made Cake Pops myself, nothing that difficult, but I do like to see what else is out there and well....How does Starbucks Cake Pops compare to homemade? What flavor do I choose? Well there are 3... 
Birthday Cake, Tiramisu, Rocky Road
Very moist inside, but most cake pops are! They did look perfect, no cracks, coated nicely. Tiramisu was by far THE BEST with a chocolate covered coffee bean on top! Birthday Cake was pink with white sprinkles, cute, vanilla cake inside! Perfect for a little girl! The Rocky Road was the one I got left with, it has lots of roasted almonds (their website says almonds, I would say walnuts?) and marshmallows inside and out...a little too much for my liking. Each at 170 calories...Rocky Road with 180...this is a very indulgent treat! Pairing one of these with a 290 calorie Tall Caramel Frappuccino...we can definitely call this breakfast!

Overall, these are something that you can make at home yourself easy enough! However if you don't have time to make them or don't want to, these are just as good as homemade if you want to pay the $1.50 each price tag or 2 for $2.50.

To learn how to make your own cake pops view my other cake pop posts:
Basic Cake Pop Tutorial
Owl Cake Pops

0 sweet comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...