Friday, May 6, 2011

Pick-ing Princesses and Kissing Frogs!

It's Flashback Friday!
This is a "now just occasional" segment that I post to show you some of my past adventures...

I had totally forgot about these cupcakes that I made last year to celebrate a milestone for my Littlest Princess!
Usually, I start my 1M Swirl from the outside of the cupcake and swirl in. For these cupcakes, I swirled from the inside to the outside and it kinda gave it a rose look. As a rose, it would make a very quick and easy Mother's Day Cupcake. However, I made these to celebrate a milestone for my Littlest Princess!

A liner and matching pick, some pink sanding sugar and poof...quick and easy cupcakes!

Lots of Princess Cupcakes!

When your child brings home a fundraiser catalog and you are trying to pick from all the overpriced stuff just what to buy (yep, I said it!)...THINK CUPCAKES!

I called these "Princess and the Frog" Cupcakes!
The little "Fudgy Frogs" were from a fundraising catalog. The frog had a mint flavor so I carried that through using some Peppermint flavoring and green icing coloring to color the "Funfetti" boxed cake mix....made with a can of diet soda...no eggs or oil! It looks like I got the cupcake a little too brown on top...but I didn't hear any complaints! A little leftover buttercream icing and a shake of the purple sanding sugar...and again quick and easy!

The Princess and the Frog Cupcakes!


These cupcakes are linked to Cupcake Tuesday where you can find all kinds of cute cupcakes ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Really cute! Your frosting looks yummy!
    Thanks for joining us on Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...