Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall Brownies

You may be looking at a picture of a brownie very similar to this on your wall right now! This recipe is for October in the 2011 Betty Crocker Calendar!
I did change up the recipe slightly. I used a Betty Crocker's Low Fat Brownie Mix instead of regular brownie mix. I also changed up the candy on top and changed the frosting slightly, to make with ingredients I already had. You can view the original recipe at Betty Crocker: Trick-or-Treat Brownie Cupcakes. I called mine "Fall Brownies" since the orange color could really be used anytime in the fall really, but the colors could be changed for any season or holiday!
Brownies:
Using your favorite brownie mix or recipe, prepare as directed and fill sprayed muffin tins 2/3 full. (This made 18 brownies for me.) Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes.
Candies:
I used Dark Chocolate Hershey's Kisses drizzled with melted orange candy melts.
I melted about 10 candy melts in the microwave for just about 30 seconds and added 1/4 tsp shortening to make it easier to drizzle from zipper bag with tiny hole cut in the corner of the bag. Drizzle unwrapped Hershey's Kisses on waxed paper. Let set.
Frosting:
1 cup Wilton Orange Candy Melts
1-3/4 cup powdered sugar
6 tablespoons softened margarine
3 tablespoons milk
 In mixer, mix powdered sugar, margarine, and milk. In microwave safe bowl, melt candy melts for about a minute stirring halfway, if not melted continue heat in 15 second intervals until melted. Be sure not to over melt them or they will seize up. Add melted candy to the sugar mixture and mix on low until fully mixed.
Spoon frosting over brownie and top with a Hershey's Kiss. Depending on how fast you are at spooning on the frosting, the frosting will thicken up and may need microwaved for about 20 seconds and re-stirred to continue to spoon evenly over brownies
These are very easy to make! I love the frosting with the candy melts in it, it was a nice twist on traditional frosting both in flavor and texture. In orange these brownies go well for Halloween or Thanksgiving. These could also be easily customized for Christmas with red or green candy melts, St. Patrick's Day in all green, Spring colors, Patriotic colors or any color that you like!

These Brownies are Shared at:

11 comments:

  1. These look SO good. I love the use of the dark chocolate kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so perfect....I just might make these for our Thanksgiving dinner this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. choc and orange that's an awesome Halloween combo!!! Looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. any brownies are good brownies. I like the fall adaptation....delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO CUTE! I LOVE HOW U DRIZZLED THE KISSES-VERY CLEVER MY FRIEND!!!!!! THANKS FOR SHARING AT WONKA WED!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, these look heavenly and I can't wait to try them. Love your blog! Thanks so much for trying by and for following. I'm following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great fall cupcakes. A low fat cupcake is a big hit these days. I will defintely try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look delicious! They will be featured tomorrow at our Seasonal Inspiration party. Thanks for sharing!

    Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos

    ReplyDelete
  9. oohhh!! these look sooo yummy!!!

    Thanks for link up at serenity saturday, I've featured these fall brownies on this weeks link party. Hope to see you there!!

    Natasha xx

    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...