Monday, October 10, 2011

Mini Jack-o-Lantern Cakes

October 10th is National Cake Decorating Day!
What a great month for National Cake Decorating Day!
I have made these 6 Mini Cakes from a 1983 Wilton Mini Pumpkin Cake Pan that my Grandmother sent to me along with a bunch of other goodies this year, including the tip set that she used when she decorating Wedding Cakes many, many years ago! I can just imagine her, younger than I am now, piping away making wedding cakes, with her 3 children in the background, before fondant was even around! I am the oldest of her 7 Grandchildren. She was so supportive when I began baking and began taking all of the Wilton Decorating Classes. She used to teach cake decorating too! However all of this skipped a generation and I didn't know a thing about it until I actually got into decorating myself and we began talking and texting about it! Yes, I have one texting Grandma and she is super fast at it too!
These Mini Pumpkins are about the size of 2 cupcakes I would say.
I decorated them similar to the regular size Jack-O-Lantern Cake that I made a few days ago! The frosting is actually leftover frosting from that the big Jack-O-Lantern Cake had a family of Mini Jack-O-Lantern Cakes!
Of course the family loved them, each having there own little cake to eat and Grandma received her own Mini Pumpkin Cake over 900 miles away in the form of a text!

These Jack-o-Lantern Mini Cakes are Shared with:


  1. The little pumpkins are very cute and you did a good job at decorating them. Thanks for sharing Andi

  2. Man it is so hard to walk by all these fun wilton seasonal pans, sprinkles etc...I wish I could bake and create all day!!! These are fantastic

  3. What a great job you did! Someone is sure going to enjoy them...wish I was having one right now!!!! I'm visiting from Sweetology.

  4. Wow, your mini cake pumpkins are really cute! I decorated my cake last weekend too, so come visit me when you get a moment. Visiting from Sweetology!

  5. great job on these! i've seen the pan at michaels and keep saying i should get one :)


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...