Saturday, October 22, 2011

Halloween Dipped Pretzels

Looking for something Quick? Easy? Inexpensive?
You got it right here! These can be made for about 10 cents each and I have actually seen these for sale at theme parks for $1.39 each!
To make 19 (that's how many were in the bag) from start to finish, under 30 minutes!
Easy? Oh Yes!
The first time I made these, they were 4th of July themed pretzels. I had almost forgotten all about them until Miss Candiquik posted Halloween Themed Pretzels on her blog! This week has been a whirlwind of craziness and I haven't had much time for baking or decorating up sweet treats and this is perfectly quick! This time, it was even easier with a few changes in my methods. 
Here are some tips on how to make this already quick and easy snack, quicker and easier!
  Here is how to make them 2 ways depending on what you have in the cabinet:
The orange pretzels are made with Wilton Candy Melts- to make about 20 pretzels using Wilton Candy Melts, melt about 1-1/2 cups of melts plus 1/2 teaspoon of shortening in a glass bowl for 1 minute, stirring halfway. I use a Pyrex 2 cup size glass bowl and it works perfect!

The white pretzels are made with Candiquik- to make about 20 pretzels using Candiquik, melt 6 blocks in glass bowl for 1 minute, stirring halfway. No shortening needed for this. Again, I used a Pyrex 2 cup size glass bowl.

After your candy is melted:
Hold the pretzel vertically over the bowl and spoon over the melted candy, this is a lot easier than trying to dip. Shake off excess back into bowl. Lay pretzel on waxed paper, immediately placing on sprinkles, like the Wilton Spider and Skulls Sprinkles I used. For something like the nonpareils (the little teenie tiny black and orange balls) or jimmies, I found it easier to put a bowl in the sink and sprinkle the pretzel over the bowl. That way what lands in the bowl can be reused, and what lands in the sink can be rinsed away instead of rolling onto the floor!

The kids love these for after school, but they would also be great for a party, or even a bake sale! I love these candy covered pretzels with the salty and sweet combo! I can definitely say I will make them again and again!

These Pretzels are Shared at:


  1. FUN and yummy.....simple too which is the BEST!

  2. Love your pretzels! Perfect way to try out cool sprinkles! Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...