Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pink Princess Cupcakes #19- Wild Thing

Wild Thing
Last week, I made the Pink Princess- Fairy Princess Hat Cupcakes and on that post, I said this week I would be making the Bubblegum design...well SURPRISE! I didn't!
 
I have made all of the Pink Princess Cupcakes out of order, so #19 here may not be #19 in the book. Anyway, this is my #19 of the 28 Pink Princess Cupcakes that are inspired from The Pink Princess Cupcake Book by Barbara Beery. In the book, the icing was piped on to match Zebra and Leopard cupcake liners. The cupcake liners that I found are by Fox Run and the leopard is in different colors than the liners in the book, plus in the set I have there is also a Giraffe liner. I did my best to copy the liners that I had. Easier thought than done!
 
For these cupcakes, the cake mix that I used is by Duff...this is the first time that I have tried the Duff Premium Cake Mix- Spice with Chocolate Bits. It was half off at Michael's, so why not? It taste good, similar to other spice cake mixes in flavor plus it had little chocolate bits in it. The cake was also super moist, but didn't rise like I had expected it too, this would be great for a cake that needs to be flat on top, but not so great for cupcakes. I would like to try some of the other Duff Premium Cake Mixes. If you have tried any of the Duff Premium Cake Mixes, I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences with it! I am not sure if maybe that was why it was half off, or if it was just a bad baking day on my part...
The icing is white Wilton Decorator Icing from the big 4.5 pound tub, I was all about shortcuts today! I used cocoa powder to get the various colors of brown and the black icing is the Wilton Ready To Use icing in a tube.
If it were not for the animal print liners and my saying so, you may wonder if I have ever seen an animal or been to the zoo in my life. I was wondering that myself while piping these prints. I love going to the zoo, quite often actually! Just a few years back, or maybe a few more than a few years, I even had tons of stuff in animal prints, just never attempted the print in cupcakes! Well, now I have and this is as close as it's gonna get!
That is Pink Princess #19, be sure to check out all of the Pink Princess Designs I have made.

The Next Pink Princess Cupcake I will be making:
Bubblegum (really!)


These Pink Princess Cupcakes are shared with:


6 comments:

  1. these are indeed wild and crazy...these would be great for a Real Housewives of New Jersey finale party tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen anyone make these before. Too cute! Thanks so much for sharing them at Muffin Monday! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Animal Print Cupcakes - too cool. I love them,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them! I haven't tried any of the Duff products yet, they sound pretty good.
    Thanks for sharing on Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. The leopard print is crazy!!! My boss would love these - we were just talking about how leopard print is hip again. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...