Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Witch Hat Cupcakes

I got the idea for these cupcakes when making the Pink Princess Fairy Princess Hat Cupcakes.
   
Here is what you need:
Cupcakes
Ice Cream Cones
Spider Sprinkles
Fondant (2 colors for hat and band)
fondant roller
white scalloped tool (for rim of hat)
Icing (to frost cupcake underneath hat and to adhere the fondant to cone)
Tube of Black Decorating Icing (for spiderwebs and buckle)
Tip 3
coupler to attach tip to icing tube
 
The Halloween cupcake liners that I used are by Duff.  The fondant I used is Wilton Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi-pack (I just used the purple), one of the 4.4 ounce packs was just enough for 4 Witch Hats. The Black Decorating Icing tube, the White Decorator Icing that I covered the cones with, and Spider Sprinkles are also all by Wilton. With only having to bake the cupcakes and everything else already pre-made, I was quickly able to get to the fun part- decorating!
1) Spread thin layer of shortening on mat and roll out fondant to 1/8 inch thick
2) Pre-wrap your cone to check size
3) Frost cone, re-wrap with fondant, tuck ends underneath
4) Using the white scalloped tool, cut a piece of fondant for the rim of the hat
5) Wrap the rim around base of the hat
6) Cut yellow band for hat 1/2 inch wide
Here is a close up of what the hat looks like with the rim applied. I then pressed down the edges to give it a bit of a scalloped look. Press all of your seams together. If the fondant is too dry for the yellow band to stick on, add a very little amount of water or use gum paste adhesive.

Frost Cupcake and place hat on top of the cupcake. Using tip 3 on Black Decorating Icing tube, pipe buckles, spiderwebs, and place on spider sprinkles.
Find out later this month how I decorated the rest of this batch of cupcakes as I write my first guest blog post ever over at Happy Hour Projects!
Have Fun and Enjoy!

19 comments:

  1. The purple witct hats are great. The color stands out. I love them,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What to say but witchy great:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your cupcakes! Please come over to Cast Party Wednesday and share these with us!
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!
    http://ladybehindthecurtain.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigosh! I love love love these cupcakes, the decor is fabulous! Thanks so much on showing us the tutorial! I'm gonna try it out. Have a great day Mrs. Fox!
    -Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are terrific. I bet they taste wonderful too. Come visit us. We have a wonderful gnocchi recipe this week and comment on our blogiversary post for a chance to win a great prize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this takes a lot of work, what people dont see is the massive clean up after something like this! You have done a GREAT job here. I want you to come to MN for a cupcake playdate!! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable!!!!! so simple to do, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! They are so pretty and perfect. I love the use of the ice cream cone. I saw this over at These Chicks....So glad I dropped by. You are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These witch hats are FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your posts, you make me feel that I could do this too! They are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! I really think I should make these! You did such a great job. I linked to you from Foodie Wednesday. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute, you always have the cutest most creative ideas.
    Jennifer from Just Wedeminute--

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute!! I love it! Thanks for the idea!
    Jill
    twoyellowbirdsdecor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are just precious little Witch Hat's. I can just see a big tray of those for some of my friends, they would love it. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week and come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cupcakes! Love the colors too! Thanks for sharing on Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  16. You kill me with all your mad baking skills. I love how you decorate your sweets! So fun! Thanks for linking up and sharing:>

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so adorable. I am getting quite the list of things and tools to get reading your blog,lol.

    Hope to see you at Foodie Wednesday with another awesome creation.

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...