Sunday, October 23, 2011

"It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" Cupcakes

Welcome Great Pumpkin
We've made it! Just a week and a day until Halloween! With Halloween on a Monday this year, there are many Halloween events taking place in less than a week!
Every Halloween in my entire life, I spent waiting on the Great Pumpkin, more specifically "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" to air on broadcast television. The first year the show aired, Halloween was also on a Monday. It first aired on CBS on Thursday, October 27th, 1966 at 8:30PM. This year, "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" will also air on Thursday, October 27th on ABC at 8PM est. It will be paired in the 8-9PM time slot with a shortened version of "You're Not Elected, Charlie Brown." I used to worry so much that I would miss seeing this!
Now we have the luxury of watching "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" year round, since we have the Peanuts DVD Box Set! We do too, I am up for watching it any day of the year! However, this time of year it is extra special to watch!
"It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" has taught us so many important lessons like:
"Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker."
An un-notarized signed document is worth nothing.
Santa Claus gets more publicity that The Great Pumpkin.
"A person should always choose a costume which is in direct contrast to her own personality."
"Trick or Treating is legal."
Even if your brother is being a stupid blockhead, ask for candy at each house for him, after all he is your brother and you killed his pumpkin!
We also learn that a person with a bald round head makes a perfect model for a Jack-o-Lantern.
Bobbing for Apples was a favorite past my personal experience I thought I would drown doing so.
The fury of a woman scorned is nothing compared to the fury of a woman who has been cheated out of trick-or-treats!
This year I was super excited to be able to create  "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" Cupcakes too! I found the Charlie Brown and Snoopy Cupcake Liners at Michael's and I have been holding onto them for this special occasion. All of the decorations are made with fondant. The ghost are fondant held up with a Dum-Dum Lollipop.
Here's the gang in cupcakes from left to right- Pigpen, Marci, Violet, Lucy, and Charlie Brown.
The 1996 Merry Miniature Figurines in front are by Hallmark.
And remember...
Trick or Treats come only once a year!
Have a wonderful Halloween!

These Cupcakes are Shared at:


  1. What a cuties you made.And love the quotes;))

  2. Oh my goodness, these are the cutest cupcakes. I love them! We are big fans of Charlie Brown around here. :-)

  3. Those are adorable! I love the ghost ones! We watch Charlie Brown every year at Halloween:) Stopping by from TT&J.

  4. Your cupcakes are just TOO CUTE! Thanks for sharing! And thanks for the sweet comments on my blog! :)

  5. These are just so, so cute! I adore pumpkins so I love them. But, the ghosts are so sweet, too. It's just a great cupcake-scape that you've created here. The perfect way for kids to celebrate Halloween while they're watching "The Great Pumpkin". Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

  6. I love these! We go to a "Great Pumpkin Festival" every year at a cider mill where they set up the movie on a big screen outdoors and you can buy apple cider donuts and kettle corn and the kiddies can play games. It's one of my favorite things about the season.

  7. Those are all so cute! Charlie Brown is a classic! Thanks for linking them up at Muffin Monday!

  8. These are so adorable! I saw them over @ Rook No.17 and just had to come visit!

  9. I love all the cute cupcakes! I made Apple Pie Cupcakes, but they were not cute liek these! :-)

    Thanks for linky to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS! (next week's theme is National Men Make Dinner.... let's see if we can get lots of men in the kitchen cooking!)

  10. I used to love watching Charlie Brown's Great Pumpkin! What great cupcakes!
    Thanks for adding them to Cupcake Tuesday!

  11. These are just too cute for words.. LOVE it..So creative.. : ))

  12. OMG...those ghosts...........the pumpkin patch. How great. THese made me smile so big! Thanks for linking them up. Usually I catch all your posts in my blogroll but missed this, sorry for the late visit but so glad I did!

  13. "It's the Great Pumpkin...." is definitely one of my favorite seasonal cartoons, and your cupcakes are an absolutely spot-on tribute! The collectible figures fit in perfectly with your fondant ghosts and pumpkins -- so beautifully done!!

  14. OMG, these are fantastic! It's one of my old time favorite movies.

    Making my rounds few days behind....finally, but thank you so much for sharing these at Foodie Wednesday. Can't wait to see what you bring today...


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...