Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pink Princess #18- Fairy Princess Hat

Fairy Princess Hat
This is #18 of 28 Pink Princess Cupcakes that I am recreating from the book Pink Princess Cupcakes by Barbara Beery. I can't believe that there are only 10 more to go!
These are started with your favorite cupcakes and an ice cream cone. Frost the cupcake and roll edges in sprinkles. Frost the cone and roll bottom edge and top edge in same sprinkles as cupcake. Sprinkle a second color of sugar over the rest of the frosting. At this point the cone looked a little rough so I piped on some starts at the border of the frosting with pink sprinkles. At the top of the piped strings, I alternated a crown sprinkle with a pink candy pearl. (The crown sprinkles came in a Wilton Princess Sprinkle set at Party City.) I made my ribbons at the top of the hats from Laffy Taffy. I first tried to microwave it, and that just made a mess. It works best if you just warm it in your hands and slowly stretch it. In the book this design is created with different materials for a similar design, you should really check out the book if you haven't!
These would be super cute for a Princess Party!
Let me warn you, they are messy to eat, so party outside!
Another idea for these cupcakes would be to turn them into witches hats by using Halloween colors and sprinkles!

The Next Pink Princess Cupcake I will be Making:
 Bubblegum

8 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! My niece would go crazy for them...she's a serious girly girl.

    I'm a new follower from the Something Swanky Blog Hop. Would love a follow back!

    Amy @ A Little Nosh

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MMMMMM GGGEEEEEE...Me LOVE THESE SO SO SO MUCH! I have wanted to make something like this but have been LAZY! Leave it too FOXY to whip up some snazzy princess hats, LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh these are toooo cute! My daughter's 4th birthday is coming up and I'm thinking she'd LOVE this!! Visiting from Something Swanky Blog Hop, though I've been a fan before that seeing all the wonderful recipes you've linked up at my link party in the past. I'm your newest follower.

    http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty, pretty, so pretty! I'm nuts about cupcake decorating and I really love the way you decorated here. Thanks for the inspiration. Happy Tea Tuesday!
    -Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. The gold sparkles make these cupcake so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are perfect! I bet any little girl would love them!
    Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cake looks so delicious but I never try to make it in any occasions also, Christmas too. I listed your recipe in my cookbook, It will helpful for my birthday party.
    printed bags

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them! I'll have to send your blog address to my friend, Julia. She has a three-year-old daughter who is quite a princess and needs to see these. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...