Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mummies, Monsters, & Hybrids Cake Pops

Meet the Mummy & Monster Hybrid Family
  
Mummies are spooking everyone all over the internet right now, but I recently saw them haunting over at 365 Days of Cake Pops and thought, hey, what a good use for my leftover white candy! As I was running out of white, I decided to make purple ones too and since mummies aren't usually purple, I am calling them monsters, and together they made a family!
I didn't have the cute Wilton Candy Eyeballs, so I decided to make them from Mini M&M'S instead! I used a Wilton FoodWriter to draw the pupils. I also used this new favorite tool of mine, the Wilton Tweezers. They came in the Deluxe Gum Paste Tool Set. I never knew how much I needed these! I have held things still and placed small things on pops with my fingers. I have tried using dollar tweezers, that haven't helped a whole lot. These have a very wide head and work very well! I am not saying to buy the whole kit, unless you need the whole kit, but investing in a good pair of wide headed tweezers is very helpful when working with small things!
These guys and gals are very easy to make and very forgiving!
I accidentally put a little too much frosting into the crumbled cake and had a feeling that some would crack, the bandages can be made right over any cracks. Without needing a perfectly smooth base coat of candy to start, these are made very quick! I added the eyes with an additional dab of melted candy. Using a spoon I drizzled on the "bandages."
If you haven't made cake pops before, this is a great starter project!
Not sure where to start? View my Basic Cake Pop Tutorial.

7 comments:

  1. i like the m&m's better than the candy eyes! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! Love the color combo. Thanks for the link! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so festive and creative.. LOVE THEM!! :)) Would simply really LOVE for you to share this at my Pin'Inspirational Thursday linky party if you dont mind pweeease :))-- TY,, http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/pininspirational-thursdays-linky-party_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, those are seriously cute! I love cake pops. (visiting from TT&J)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mummies and Monsters are just adorable, I love the colors. So many little spooks will just love these! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week end and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these and all the things that you've done for Halloween. So cute! Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...